Baby Beauty Queens, Kids Pageants Pt1of6

Watch this clip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSLvniGba0Q


I came across this movie and was really interested in watching about how different communities see beauty pageants in different ways. This movie was set in the UK, and it is interesting to see how strict the parents are and how much they are pushing their daughters. Is this the message we want to send to little girls? Wow! After I watched this I was in shock! Why do parents do this to their children? Are the mothers living their dreams through their children? I strongly believe that this is true! Many mothers that I meet are so consumed with their daughter's pageant life that they don't realize what they are doing. When a child is nine years old, she does not want a fake tan and have to go through this! It is ridiculous. OK, to have a religious ceremony so the child wins the competition! I strongly disagree. This is terrible! By having these kind of pageants, it sends out a terrible message to the world when really pageants don't have to be this way! Pageants are a positive event when it focuses on intelligence, poise, grace, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment